What is the birth order in your family? Do you think it has an affect on your personality?
Submitted by aynge.
Me, Renata, Rowan.
I have no idea, the only way to test it out would be for me to be born a second time (And I've already done the Christian thing) in a different order than that.
What was the bravest thing you did in 2008?
Submitted by TheFiercestCalm.
Mine would have to be making the move to a place where I didn't know anyone at all. I'm not doing too badly, and soon I'm sure I'll have a great network up here too. In the meantime, I have Brooke & Matt who are fantastic, but unfortunately don't know anyone up here either, so I don't get to meet new people through them.
Second in line for first place would be Honours. I could just as easily have started a job at the end of 2007, but I didn't. I continued on, and I'm glad I did, I really enjoyed it, even though at times I hated it.
I learnt that taking a chance and making a change is worthwhile, and that knowledge for the sake of knowledge is a fantastic thing.
have a great remainder of 2008, and a happy 2009 everybody!
Have you ever volunteered for something? If so, what?
I've volunteered for heaps of stuff. Most recent was organising the SoCIS dinner, but if you count my pre-18 involvements I've volunteered as:
- Online Access Center assistance
- High School Site Committee member
- Singer for a number of things
- Sunday School Teacher
- Youth Leader
- Worship Leader
- Leader of Campus Christian group "ID"
- I don't know whether I can claim my student enterprise stuff as volunteering.
- Computer teacher for some Ulysses Motorcycle Club members.
So that was the pre-18 stuff, post-18 I've been a volunteer:
- on the Working It Out Steering Committee
- in Fruity Bits
- organising QSOC functions
- Christmas Bowl Appeal fundraiser
- Sheet-music sorter
- Singer for this and that
- Counsellor for Working It Out
It looks like my pre-18 stuff was far more religious than my post-18 stuff.
I think I've made a bigger difference in my post-18 stuff than in my pre-18 stuff.